2009-08-11

Windows7 highlingts

This is a list of awesome features I found in windows7:

The "Characters" wallpaper slideshow. This is just SO awesome - every page is bizarre, stylized and whenever the wallpaper changed I spent a couple of minutes just gazing at the detail. Microsoft, I might not like what you're doing with your POSIX compliance (read: nothing), but the wallpapers are awesome.

Aero "halfimize" - drag your window to the left or right edge of the screen and the window will cover the vertical left or right half of the screen. Very, very useful. I'm expecting kde4's kwin to copy this with a plugin very soon, or hope it does. I miss it.

I might expand on this list some more in the future. I also refrained from stating any negative stuff, because this post is a list of awesome features.

No comments:

Post a Comment